Priest Lake haven
In the summer of 1961, Roy & Mary Grayhek of Spokane, discovered the serenity & beauty of Priest Lake when on a camping trip at Indian Creek. They were so taken with the splendor of the lake, that same summer they purchased the property in Diamond Park Addition.
After 5 years of sleeping in tents on their property, they saved enough money and collected enough freebie building supplies to start building a small cabin for a family of nine (mom, dad and 7 kids).
In the decades to follow the family grew and grew. In 2005 Roy & Mary along with their 7 grown children decided that before the 40 year old cabin bust at the seams and ends up in the lake, they should rebuild. Some items were salvaged to use in the new cabin and the rest was sadly, but without regret, burnt to the ground.
The following spring, the new cabin was under construction and just over one year later completed. The family that started as a family of 9 is now 3 generations strong with 25 grandchildren and 24 great-grandchildren.
Mary Grayhek 1926-2017
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace.